Licensed Plumbers

We would always recommend the use of licensed plumbers and we support and promote the WaterSafe scheme. 

Scottish and Northern Ireland Plumbing Employers’ Federation (SNIPEF) runs the Plumbing Industry Licensing Scheme, which is part of WaterSafe. 

To find a licensed plumber in your area visit WaterSafe at or SNIPEF at

Scottish Water is not responsible for burst or frozen pipes in your home or that lie within your property boundary. We recommend you contact a licensed plumber to fix problems with pipes in your home. Find out more on our Pipework Responsibility pages.

Home Energy Scotland hotline

The Scottish Government's Home Energy Scotland hotline offers our customers advice. This one-stop shop has information on all Scottish Government home energy initiatives, as well as help and expert advice on how to save energy and money in the home. For example, most Scottish homes don't have enough insulation and need to top up. Find out more about discounted or even free insulation offers by contacting the Home Energy Scotland hotline on 0808 808 2282 or visit their website here.

Are You Now Ready for Winter?

Whether at home, in the community or out on the road, we all need to consider how we, and the people we live and work, with could be affected. Taking action now will help make Scotland better prepared. Visit for more information and advice.