Coronavirus (Covid-19): How Scottish Water is Moving Out of Lockdown
Scottish Water’s priority is the provision of water and waste water services which are essential to the everyday lives of more than 5 million people and businesses.
We work around the clock to keep customers supplied with water and treat the country's waste water while maintaining the health of our employees and our customers.
Covid-19 restrictions continue to be relaxed under the Scottish Government- approved restart plan for the construction industry.
In phase 3 we are resuming more of our operational work and the majority of our investment programme has restarted, which is essential to the future services of customers.
We have implemented measures where required, to ensure safe working and allow for safe distancing by our workforce, while ensuring the safety of the people in the communities where we work. As we continue to move forward, the following strict measures will be in place:
- Safe working environment, including safe working signage and welfare arrangements
- Social distancing at all times to protect employees and the public
- Compliance with current safe operating procedures for the construction sector in Scotland
Travel restrictions are easing and car parks at most of our reservoirs have now re-opened. Social distancing should be maintained in line with government guidelines.
Follow a significant increase in littering at our sites, we’re urging visitors to act responsibly and bin their litter or take it home. Our key workers may be on site carrying out essential work and we ask that you observe social distancing.
It is not an immediate and full return to ‘normal’ and the following measures remain in place:
- All main Scottish Water office buildings are closed to employees with the exception of essential operational workers.
- Public reception desks are also closed
- For those Scottish Water employees who were normally based in an office, they will continue to work from home for the time being
- A package of support measures is in place for Licensed Providers who supply business customers who may be experiencing pressures caused by Covid19 (Coronavirus). Read more here
- Public-space Top Up Taps are being phased into operation over the coming weeks
- If you need to contact us please email us at email@example.com or call our Customer Helpline 0800 0778 778
Our frontline employees and key supply chain partners are working to fix bursts and sewers, and clear chokes, ensuring customers receive a consistently high level of service while following safe working guidelines.
Customers are urged to follow 3 Ps guidance - flush only pee, poo, or toilet paper down toilets and bin non-flushable items responsibly, to help reduce the risk of blocked drains and sewers. More information
If you need an appointment or a visit to your property as part of our normal business activities, we will ask a few questions to make sure a face-to-face visit is appropriate. If you wish to postpone a visit we will accommodate this wherever possible. Please see our bogus caller advice here.
For advice on recovering drinking water supplies in buildings and networks after prolonged inactivity please see Water UK briefing note here.
Food Service Establishments preparing to open can check out our Reopening Advice.
We continue to monitor this situation very closely and our primary focus is to ensure our service to you is maintained in a safe and responsible manner.
Check back here regularly for updates to relevant important information and advice for our customers.